View Profile MusicIsBliss

All 146 Audio Reviews

146 w/ Responses

GAH what the crap?

song COULD have been amazing, BUT...

you kinda went extreme on the mixing
way too extreme
some people may not mind, but the clipping of the intro, and the drastic drop and raise of the bass you constantly do throughout the song bugs me to no extent, well, i guess some extent, cause i listened to it long enough to write a reveiw

also, the reece synth is a little to heavy in mid, as kick is in bass, i know its fun and sounds cool
but it hurts, not physically, but audioly

this could be awesome if you just sofened the mix a bit, but i guess you like that feel, so yeah...

Dj-Fanta5t1c responds:

lol. reviews are to express your opinion freely, do so!

mastering is not my thing =( i cant do it well at all,, and i just dont want to either.

although, i should have it pro mastered with my lable when released on album. all songs will be optimized and ready to kill yours ears even more >:)

i have to agree with that kick though, after listening to it 100 times, its starting to get to me...

thanks for the review man!

quickie

just a simple reveiw. sounds like you just used appregetor or whatewver from fl and added some drums

weird clicking sound at beginning bothered me

i like the pause at :42

nice instrument change

rules of thumb:
never use fl hits unless pitch is changed at least 2 octaves
never use the sytrus synths, unless you change the hell out of them

all your glissandos have weird clicking in the right side of the audio

slightly repeditive, but still well done

FunkmasterCatking responds:

I don't really know what an appregetor is, but I wrote the melody completely.

Thanks for the review!

hahaha

i tried the same thing with my songs after listening to rig's stardust
in audacity as well

except my songs arent very good, so it didnt sound as good, but whateves, nice job

WritersBlock responds:

Yeah, I think it's better forwards, but it's just a bit of fun. Thanks for the review.

nice song

Im not sure how vocals would work, you would have to chop out the entire section below 700Hz, but it could work, and add lots of high harmonics.

The drums need some mastering to fit the rest of the song, and the issue with samples are no matter how you chop it, it is too repeditive, but it is still a great sample.

what is a DiZi? and what is KVR?

keep up the good work, awesome song, mixing either than drums is flawless
ok.. not flawless, flute sound could use some work in the high end

WritersBlock responds:

The DiZi, or mini DiZi is a VSTi (Virtual Studio Technology instrument). It's basically a little file that does the flute. Yeah, the drums were thrown together very crudely. I might try and fix them up a bit.
I'd probably add some effects to the vocals to make it sound more digital, but the instruments here sound more live than most synths, so that'd probably make it easier to blend. I don't know. We'll see how it goes.
Thanks for the review.

umm

dont enjoy it quite as much, the strings could use a little cut off the 5-9khz range, kinda hurts my ears, and i got my headphones on a low volume.

piano part is slightly repeditive, drums are good, but the random kick that stands out needs to be quieted down.

also, i notice you have a LUCKSPIN or whatever in there, its kinda hidden, but still too obvious since everyone and their dog uses fruity loops

i like the ending pad use though

DomesticTerrorist responds:

Yeah, I was just doing an experiment to show my friend what FL studio can do without any external products at all :P

thanks for the review!

wow

i wouldnt concider this fully industrial, but it is amazing, very well mixed, nice soft drums, lead is in lead, but not too strong in any frequency range, just close enouhg to sound great.
love the weird scratchy distorted snare like thing that happens every bar.
if there is a kick, its too soft, but sounds like you just got low echoings of synth taking the place of kick.
very nice overal, great melody, and catchy, intro and outro kinda weak, but it makes it have a great loop

i was listening to it for 20 min without noticing, good job

DomesticTerrorist responds:

Haha thank you! I'm glad you liked it. I suppose it would be classified as "Aggrotech" but most people call it Industrial/EBM

Thanks again!

fucking godly

haha, i like the happy (ish) breakdown at 3:00, and ewnding is pretty neat sounding, the rest is just plain awesome metal with great drum beats, great guitar licks, and great mixing, good job guys, 5's for everyone

wow

ok, 4 years after it was made, i still think its amazing, i guess time doesnt improve newgrounds music like it does it's flashes, i love this song, realloy well done.

haha wow

that is happy, i have never heard a harmonica in ng before

did you actually make this?

it sounds professionally made, it is mixed really really well.

Psychopath responds:

Thanks! And yes I did make it myself. Thanks for the support!

weellll

the main concern for me was the high hat:
____ _______
___/ \_____/ \
___ _____
\____/ \_______/

is an ugly waveshape for a high hat, seeing as it is carrying the rythm, you need a high hat with a quick attack, and a single hit, instead of 2

also, the reece needs a bit of mixing, i know i know, lots of bass, i used to do that too, but there IS such thing as too much, i have found out, when i finally got sick of hearing it in my own songs, also, you may want a high frequency instrument, it may not seem right, but it is usually neccessary to hold a song together.

also, you should switch the drum beat up once or twice, then you could make it longer and not have it repeditive.

i liked the kick and snare, and the low bell thing, good job on those, really nice

New-Milkman responds:

Forgot to mention in the description, all the drum samples were cut up in the Fruity Slicer using navij11's break samples he provided on Christmas.

As for the bass, I didn't find it to be that bad on my speakers. Then again, I like to have lots of bass, maybe more so than some people like And with anything drum and bass, I like to really stay in the low frequencies, but I guess I could have mixed it up a bit more with some higher sounds once in a while. I'll see how I can tie things up with higher instruments next time.

I'd have to agree with the drum beat, it gets played way too much. But I had some problems thinking up of any other ones. I'll see if I can write up some diversity while keeping it somewhat the same next time I do something like this.

Thanks for the review!