View Profile MusicIsBliss

All 146 Audio Reviews

146 w/ Responses

weellll

the main concern for me was the high hat:
____ _______
___/ \_____/ \
___ _____
\____/ \_______/

is an ugly waveshape for a high hat, seeing as it is carrying the rythm, you need a high hat with a quick attack, and a single hit, instead of 2

also, the reece needs a bit of mixing, i know i know, lots of bass, i used to do that too, but there IS such thing as too much, i have found out, when i finally got sick of hearing it in my own songs, also, you may want a high frequency instrument, it may not seem right, but it is usually neccessary to hold a song together.

also, you should switch the drum beat up once or twice, then you could make it longer and not have it repeditive.

i liked the kick and snare, and the low bell thing, good job on those, really nice

New-Milkman responds:

Forgot to mention in the description, all the drum samples were cut up in the Fruity Slicer using navij11's break samples he provided on Christmas.

As for the bass, I didn't find it to be that bad on my speakers. Then again, I like to have lots of bass, maybe more so than some people like And with anything drum and bass, I like to really stay in the low frequencies, but I guess I could have mixed it up a bit more with some higher sounds once in a while. I'll see how I can tie things up with higher instruments next time.

I'd have to agree with the drum beat, it gets played way too much. But I had some problems thinking up of any other ones. I'll see if I can write up some diversity while keeping it somewhat the same next time I do something like this.

Thanks for the review!

nice

funny how it sounds more like bounc3 than basshunter, meh

also, song is great and all, but i dont know why it is rated so high, i like some of your songs more than this one

hahaha

I clicked on the song because of the awesome name, and reveiwed cause it was actually good.
the osc synth sounds awesome, and the strings are good, but the bleepy leadish instrument kinda got annoying after a while, but this may well be because the song didnt build, also, the kick needs fixin, but everything else is awesome, has potential to become a really good song

well

song is outrageously amazing, i have to say, BUT

if you are making drum and bass, you gotta know what instruments to give more bass too, I think cetain instruments you had either had too much (pads and piano) and some had not enough (kick needed some 500Hz, synth coulda used more bass) its still amazing though, im not gonna go into it, cause its too much

raretools responds:

Thx for the tip and great review.

nice

pretty good, the kick was nice and strong, almost too strong, just enough though.

guitar sounds great, both of them

only flaw in my oppinion, is when you have the crashs go off on the left side, it emphisises how much the drums are panned to the right, which is bad. the drums would be great if it wrent for that, and maybe center the high hat a bit, but only the really high end of it

well

instruments are a little slow, its like a downbeat dnb, i dunno, the first lead was dull, but the drums are good, and the rest is good, if not slow

also, you need to mix the highs and lows a bit more, but its all good

Peptotrippin responds:

Oh damn. I forgot about this one.

hahaha

first 12 seconds i thought it was a joke song, i was about to give it a zero and leave

but it is good, only suggestion from me is removing the destortion from the kick
seriously, ow

but good job, nice song, everything else is good

well

nice sounds, but you went a little to far
it sounds great, but because iof the glitchyness, it doesnt hold a beat, sorry

seraphimpaled responds:

thanks for the constructive criticism, i never really thought of it that way as to being glitchy i know what youre saying... i was just looking for the feeling of deep thought in it. like when i sat and made this and perfected it playing it over and over i would get into deep thought, and thus more work came out of it. thanks for the review.

hahaha nice

this is pretty awesome. Is that a vocoder with alot of low equing behind the other voice? how many effects do you think you put on your voice, i like it, makes it sound more original.

I like it more than instrumental, through the 2:10 part for a bit is boring, cause the lack of insruments, ubt i guess i have just never liked ambient, the rest of the song is great, i like the random extra little voice things.

Gillenium responds:

Thanks! If you're not an ambient fan, I'm not sure how you found out about me XD

No vocoders were used. I had used a lot of filters on my last "rapping" song Hazard, so I left this one pretty filter-free. The back-up voices were just my singing part with a lowered pitch. Nothing fancy really. I'm still trying to perfect this type of song, and yes I am currently working with vocoders for future songs (you're a mind-reader!)

hahaha awesome

Ididnt expect it to turn pout how it did from the begining, but it was still good, beggining was amazing though

i like the sound of the piano when you go off key (intentionally?)
also, i like the panning drums, makes it happier.
good use of a variety of instruments, something i only wish i could do

drum beat gets slightly repeditive, but only near the very end, wouldnt be a loopable song cause of that, in my oppinion.
I also really like the synth near the end, and the darude sounding hit synth.

poop